We are living in an unprecedented time. We are proud of the way our company has fought to stay afloat and push through this tough situation. When people ask about why we do routine maintenance visits once we have completed a spring clean-up and mulch installation, we like to use an analogy about weeds. If weeds can grow through concrete in a city sidewalk, then weeds can grow through mulch. And while a lot of our job is focused on getting rid of that unwanted growth, right now we are appreciating weeds for their tenacity. Tenacity is a good word to describe us: it is what we have exuded over the past ten weeks and will continue to exude once this all passes. And this too shall pass.
In the meantime, we will continue to adjust to doing business in a COVID-19 world and take all appropriate precautions:
- Enforcing daily cleaning of all trucks, equipment, and workspaces
- Supplying all team members with face masks
- Outfitting vehicles and office spaces with hand sanitizer and extra cleaning supplies
- Practicing social distancing when crews are loading and unloading equipment and supplies
- Closing our office to non-essential visitors, deliveries, and guests
- Limiting in-person meetings with clients, but continuing our normal routine of quality control site visits for maintenance customers and site evaluations for new estimates
- Leveraging technology for client and internal meetings when possible, and otherwise practicing safe social distancing
- Following recommendations outlined by the CDC and other expert health officials
- Complying with federal, state, and local regulations which apply to our business
If you have questions about our new measures, let us know. We are all in this together and our team has the health and safety at top priority. The phrase “Stronger Together” is running through our minds a lot lately, according to Kyle, GreenSweep President. And coupled with our internal mantra of “Row the Boat” we’re positive we’ll continue in the right direction.
“As a business owner, I have always been conscious of acting as a support system for all GreenSweep employees. The employees depend on me to make sound business decisions. We all depend on each other and the health of our company to provide for our families. It is important now more than ever to make sure we remain a strong team for each other and for our customers, suppliers, and really anyone we meet. When we unite together and row in the same direction, nothing can stop our boat. And I hope the teamwork we exhibit now is the silver lining that outlasts the current global pandemic.”
We will take our teamwork, strength, and tenacity with us each day as we closely monitor the situation and consistently promote safe and healthy measures for our employees, our customers, and all those around us. We hope you and your loved ones are staying healthy and safe during these difficult times.